Wednesday 19 March 2008

The thin veil or distraction

Download

VERSE
C ; G F ; C
Sometimes, I feel things slowing down
C ; G
I know that I'm in trouble when I have time to look around

C ; Am F ; C
I need the veil of variety and change
C G
To hide the realization that drives all of us insane

BRIDGE
Am
Depression is a lack
Em
Of adequate distractions
Dm G
Send it up or leave town

CHORUS
C Em
To get away, is the only way
F G
I know to get it back
C Em
Ruining every day, in a new way
F C
I know will get it back

VERSE
Now and then I stop to compare the two
If I had to start from there again I don't think I'd make it through

I've tried the dice, the stars and the market
But in the end it all becomes routine

BRIDGE
The meaning of life is to give life meaning
"Do what you like a lot"

CHORUS

SOLO Em Am Fm G x2

MIDDLE
C
So get up get out of bed
Am Em Am Em
You head is only reeling from staring at the ceiling
F ; G
You need a change of scene

Just get up get out of bed
Your body's only aching from the lack of strain it's taking
You need to get back on your feet

CHORUS

No comments: