Wednesday 19 March 2008

Nothing comes from everything

VERSE 1
Am
I could stop on this day
But I’d start again tomorrow
Em
I could learn on this day
But it’s so much time to sacrifice
Am
I could speak on this day
But I've nothing very nice to say
Em
And eventually
Am
Everything ends in the sea

BRIDGE (same chords)
Well I’ve marked every card
And got caught every hand
Risked all I have
And lost it far too many times
I drank every drink
And got drunk on regret
But forgot what I was looking for
On the bar room floor

CHORUS
C
To know that nothing comes from everything
G
There’s no point in doing anything
D
Is to know freedom

And all shit turns to dust or mud
Our efforts end regardless of
The weight we lay

In this futile game of lose and take
All we lose is all we make
Everybody sighs
Before they die

VERSE
I could write on this day
But what's out there can't be changed
I could dance on this day
But I have no joy to celebrate
I could love on this day
But I know it won't be returned to me
And eventually
Everything ends in the sea

BRIDGE
I've crossed every river
And I burnt every bridge
Broken every promise
And told every blatant lie
Hurt every friend
And cheated every trusting stranger
Then forgot what I was looking for
On the bar room floor

CHORUS

MIDDLE
Am                    C
There are many reasons
Em              F
For standing still

And thinking of them
I do and I will

CHORUS

No comments: