Wednesday 19 March 2008

Cultural isolation in the information age

Download

INTRO
Em G
I got up early this morning
Em G
To get a head start on my routine
Em
Imagine my surprise
G
When I turned on to find
C D
There was nothing to tune in

CHORUS
G
It's 30 degrees
D
But there's snow on TV
C G
I should go back to bed

It's the cable again
I bet it's the mice
I'll put down more glue
And get a sonic device

VERSE
How will I know who runs the country?
How will I know who to blame?
How will I learn the migration routes of mid-Atlantic songbirds?
Or the mating habits of Americans?

CHORUS

VERSE
Em G
What will I do now for entertainment?
Em G
It feels like the death of a friend
Em G
But now I think about it, I don't really care
Em D
I only watch it 'cause it's there

CHORUS
There's nowt on TV
Literally
I should go back to bed

MIDDLE
D G
Magazines are meant for the toilet
D Em
Books are best in bed
D G
But what to do for the rest of the day
Em D
This much time with myself will drive us both crazy

CHORUS

CHORUS
There's nowt on TV
Literally
Thank God for the DVD

No comments: