Wednesday 19 March 2008

I'm not a rock and roll star

Download

VERSE:
D A D
I'm not a rock and roll star
G A D
I can't sing and barely play guitar
D G A D
I don't smoke pot or get a kick of cocaine
D G A
Heroine's not a habit of mine
D A G
I've got a steady girl and I've never
A
crashed a car
G A D
No I'm not a rock and roll star

VERSE:
I don't want to live on a bus
And be even more tired all the time
I won't do the same songs with the same people every night
In places that all look alike
I don't like flying or to drive very far
No I'm not a rock and roll star

CHORUS (money):
D G
I just want to make enough money
Em A
So I can feed my head in bed all day

S I'd like to be independently wealthy
But I'd just spend it anyway

CHORUS (instrumental)

VERSE:
I don't want to pass clones on the street
I like to eat my dinner in peace
I don't want to be stared at by people I've never met
Or hear what they think of me
I won't feel obligated to sign anything you bring
'Cause I'm not the next big thing

VERSE:
I don't want my haircut analysed
Or my jogging to make the Sun
I don't want to have to answer all your silly questions
The same ones every day
I don't want to be in the NME as a wannabe would-be king
I'm not the next big thing

CHORUS (fame):
I just want to play shows
Where the people came to see me

Sure I'd like a little acclaim
But you can keep your international fame

OUTRO:
G A
To anonymity I cling
G A
Just to write my songs and sing
G A D
That I'm not the next big thing

VERSE:
I don't want to work for the man
I don't want to hear what people want
I won't sell to the poor and give it to the rich
Shareholders are the spawn of Satan
I won't be obsessed by sales, or where the
singles are
'Cause I'm not a rock and roll star

No comments: