Monday 3 December 2012

Vipassana


VERSE
G
Breathing a lot lately
Em
Nothing else to do
Am
Except the constant mental chatter
D
The troubles I’ve been listening too

I went there for my problems
Thinking they were bad
But it turns out I’ve problems
I didn’t even know I had

CHORUS
Am             D
On a Vipassana
   Am                         D
You find out who you are

VERSE
I thought I'd find a breakthrough
Get some peace at last
I think I found the way to get there
But it’s anything but fast

I’ve got to keep putting in the hours
Keep it in mind every day
I know it’s always with me
It’s my mind that drifts away

CHORUS

INSTRUMENTAL

MIDDLE
Am
Yearning and burning, and seething with lust
D
Never learning the lessons we must

Am
Not believing as lies what we see with our eyes
D
We run to or run from all things

OUTRO
                                  G
We've built a culture of craving
                                       C
Where we want what we see
                       Am
On the net and TV
                                               D
And convince ourselves that this will make us feel happy

Inside our culture of craving
Thinking everyone else is
Happy in themselves
And somehow we should do the things that they do

We fuel the culture of craving
   Am
If we had what they had
       D
It wouldn't be so bad
   Am                              D
We could find peace in ourselves

VIPASSANA CHORUS (Quiet) x3

No comments: