Monday 3 December 2012

City by the sea


VERSE
C
Watching the waves
F
Taking in the seasons
C
Not moving away
F
Thinking of no reasons
Am                                                  F
The winds and the tides won’t break
C
So neither shall I

In an empty café
On a dark winters day
The steam on the glass
Rain on the pain
Living through the papers
G
Life is just a long Sunday

CHORUS
F                                    C
So don’t go looking round for me
F                                    C
Knowing full well where I’ll be
Am                        F                                    C
I’ll be living out my days in a city by the sea

VERSE
In summer on the sand Cooling in the water Anger in the ocean
Dressed in my best

Dressed in my best

Peace in my heart
Lying in the sunshine living out the prime of my life
In evening on the promenade
Appearance of civility
The art of living gets easier the more I laze

CHORUS

MIDDLE
In this time
Living in the now
Wondering why
It took so long
To get here

CHORUS

No comments: