Monday 3 December 2012

The seeds inside me


Capo 4th

CHORUS
C                                                       G
Oh my God I’ve been wound up tighter
            Em                                                F
Than the band around the old oak tree
   C                                    Em
Not angry as such, just thinking too much
F                                    G
And all I wanted came true

Oh my God I’ve been wound up tighter
Than the cord that runs around your heart
Planting the seeds, that turned into weeds
And suffocated all of my love

VERSE
C
All the problems I see
Em
Were seeds inside me
F                                                   C
And I’ve been nursing them in there for so long

I’m surprised now you know
How they started to grow
                                                G
And soon they were out of control

They fed on the dirt
As I piled up hurt
And the conditions were truly perfect

It’s clear now I sing
That thoughts become things
But back then I deaf to the words

CHORUS

VERSE
Slowly I’ve seen
How foolish I’ve been
Wishing happiness just for myself

It’s sadly short-sighted
And sorrow’s invited
When you sow the seeds in such a small space

Instead of spreading ‘em wide
Cos then you’re laughing inside
As you suddenly see you’re feeding the world

CHORUS

MIDDLE
F                                                 C
Start thinking that you need to stop thinking
Em                                                G
Turn down the volume inside your own head
Don’t look at the dots that it’s linking
They only exit in your head

CHORUS

No comments: