Sunday 29 May 2011

Troubadour

Capo 4th

VERSE
B(G)
I'm a troubadour, it's my life
E(C)
Riding around the world on my bike
G#m(Em)
Some days you get sun
Some days you get rain
F#(D)
Some days you get wind and get blown back again

VERSE
I'm a troubadour, and I roam
Ain't got no place I call home
Sleep on other couches
In other's cars
But mostly sleep under the stars

VERSE
I'm a troubadour and I play
In a different town every day
The street light's my spotlight
The pavement's my stage
I'm a throwback to a bygone age

CHORUS
F#(D)     E(C)              B(C)
Some days don't go so well
F#(D)     E(C)              B(C)
Some days I'm tired as hell
G#m(Em)                 E(C)
I remember to count my blessings
G#m(Em)                 E(C)
Remember back to this
G#m(Em)                 E(C)         F#(D)
And say at least I wasn't in an office

VERSE
I'm a troubadour and I write
A new song every night
I write about people
The things that I've seen
I record the events from wherever I've been

VERSE
I'm a troubadour and I ride
All around the world on my bike
Some people say "wow"
Some people say "stay"
Some people say "please move away"

VERSE
I'm a troubadour I've come far
With my Martin travel guitar
People ask me
Every single day
"What kind of instrument is that you play?"

CHORUS

VERSE
I'm a troubadour and I've been
Around the world and I've seen
By bike and by car
By boat and by train
Got to learn how to fly an aeroplane

VERSE
I'm a troubadour and I play
In a different place everyday
In bars I tell stories


In cafes I croom

But the best shows are in people's living rooms
I'm a troubadour x3

No comments: