Sunday 29 May 2011

Please don't take my love

VERSE
C
Take my money
                   Am
I can make more
C
Take my home lord
                   Am
I'll build another
     F                                                             G     
Take my goods and wealth and all that I posess
F                  G                  C
But please don't take my love

VERSE
Take my sight
If she's gone there's nothing for me to see
Take my ears
Without her voice I don't want to hear
Strip me of all the senses that you bestowed
But please don't take my love

MIDDLE
Am                                 C
I've never been so scared
Am                             C
Never known such fear
Am                                               G
As the time, I feared I might lose you

I'd give up all I have
Now and forever more
If it would save, one hair upon your head

VERSE
Take my strength
I'll learn to crawl
Take my height
I don't fear the fall
Take my hope, character and all that makes me who I am
Just please don't take my love

VERSE
Take all I've grown
Give it back to the ground
Take what I've built
And break it down
What little wisdom I've learnt, give it back to the world
But please don't take my love


No comments: