Monday, 30 May 2011

Irretrievable childhood

VERSE
F
I once walked with joy through life
          Dm                       F
Saw the wonder in every sight
                        Bf             F
All was bright, all was new
                 Dm                  F
A will to learn a will to do
                           Bf                       C
But I grew up to fast and saw too much
                          Dm                     F
And now the magic has lost its touch
         Bf                        C
And I know an angel cried
             Bf                     F
When the child in me died

VERSE
When I was young the world was strong
I saw the good in everyone
Places felt new and seemed to glow
But it's faded away to a place I can't go
I try to revive it and draw it near

And I know an angel cried
When the child in me died

VERSE
I feel such sadness at what I've lost
In the race to grow up I found the cost
I didn't savour the tastes I tried
They were lost in the rush to get down
Now it's too late and I'll never get it back

And I know an angel cried
When the child in me died

No comments: