Monday 30 May 2011

Irretrievable childhood

VERSE
G
I once walked with joy through life
          Em                       G
Saw the wonder in every sight
                        C            G
All was bright, all was new
                 Em                  G
A will to learn a will to do
                           C                       D
But I grew up too fast and saw too much
                          C                     G
And then magic lost its touch
         C                        D
And I know an angel cried
             C                     G
When the child in me died

VERSE
When I was young the world was fun
I saw the beauty in everyone
Places were new and seemed to glow
But now they've gone to a place I can't go
Accepted the rays of the rationalist
Instead of the prize of the endless bliss
And I know an angel cried
When the child in me died

VERSE
But older now I've opened eyes
Accepted truth from a wiser guide
That our light is bright beneath this form

And I felt an angel's pride
When the child in me smiled

No comments: