Wednesday 21 July 2010

Empire state of mind (crowd-pleasing cover)

Capo 2nd


VERSE 1 
F#
Yeah,
Yeah, I'm up at Brooklyn,
now I'm in Tribeca,
right next to DeNiro,
But i’m hood forever,


Bmaj7
I’m the new Sinatra,
and as i made it here,
i can make it anywhere,
yeah they love me everywhere,

F#
i used to cop in Harlem,
all of my dominicanos
right there up on broadway,
and back to McDonalds,

Bmaj7
took it to my stash spot,
5-60 State street,
catch me in the kitchen like a Simmons whipping Pastry,

F#
cruising down 8th street,
off white lexus,
driving so slow but BK's from Texas,

Bmaj7
me I’m up at Bed Stuy,
home of boy Biggie,
now i live on billboard,
i brought my boys with me,

F#
say wat up to Ty Ty,
still sipping Mai-tai
sitting courtside Knicks and Nets give me high fives,


BRIDGE
Bf
N-gga i be Spiked out, i can trip a referee,
tell by my attitude I most definitely from...

CHORUS
Bmaj7
New York,
                                                    F#
Concrete jungle where dreams will come true,
F#
There's nothing you can’t do,
                      Bmaj7
Now you’re in New York,
                                               F#
these streets will make you feel brand new,
Big lights will inspire you,
                     Bmaj7
lets hear it for New York, New York, New York

VERSE 2
Now I'm a super troubadour
See me on my world tour
Learning more about myself
and the world as I explore

America by car
And Europe train
Now I'm gonna go by bicycle
And a bit by plane

Gave up my home
And sold my possessions
Learnt that you don't need shit
I live for the sessions

Gotta get to a 1000
Like street fights and co.
Then I'll know, where I go, how to put on a show

I'm meeting people of all walks and breeds and creeds
And providing for their entertainment needs

BRIDGE
But while we're getting factual
You should know that I'm not actually from....

CHORUS

VERSE 3
So I made my dream true
But still I got no crew
From booking, to plugging, everything I do

And mediocrity's blocking me with people trying to play
If you've nothing new to say
Then get the fuck out of my way

N-gga try an idea?
Engage your brain
Don't just be making noise
You all sound the same

They're all trying to be twee
With meaningless poetry
Why don't you read a newspaper?
Don't be writing me me me me me

I blame the dumb hicks
All the Blunt chicks
Who don't care for  lyrics
Dare talk at my shows pricks

I'm underrated
Unappreciated
Even though I'm streets ahead
When you hear what I've created

I even went to the apple core
Looking for a big score
But I got no draw
I played to the sound guy y'all

BRIDGE
I'll have a next time, I can make it anywhere, but I got to live there, I'm talking...

CHORUS

MIDDLE
B
One hand in the air for the big city,
Street lights, big dreams all looking pretty,
C#
no place in the World that can compare,
Ebm
Put your lighters in the air, everybody say yeaaahh
come on, come,
Bf
yeah,

CHORUS

No comments: