Sunday 15 November 2020

The Flow (I Get In My Way)

VERSE 
C
I'm tuned into a frequency
Channelling some higher voice
Something that's not part of me
No need to make a choice
F             G
When I am in the flow

BRIDGE 
Am          G                  F
Ideas come like I'm pulling on a string
Words and pictures and everything
Perfectly formed with melody and swing 
             G          F        G             C
I'm picking up mind outside of me



MIDDLE
Am                               G
I wake up gently keep the water's still
Em                     F
Sliding out a dream

Slip into the gentle flow   
An unpolluted stream

I wish I could always be like this
Forever in the moment

No before and nothing after
All I have I own it

In peace I listen to the voices
Passing through my mouth

INSTRUMENTAL

BRIDGE
C                                                  Am
Until my conscious mind starts to wake
F
And to crave
                        G
And end my bliss...

CHORUS
C     G    F    G
I get in my way x2

I'm a stubborn cow
Sat down in the road
A jack-knifed truck
That lost it's load

I'm leaves on the line
Snow on the tracks
The oncoming car
That won't turn back
    
I get in my way x2

I'm the screaming neighbours
And their barking dog
The crying baby           
And a squiling hog

I'm wind on the mic
Dirt on the lens
The ringing telephone
That's an annoying friend

I get in my way x2

          F                           G                 C
The thing that stops the flow is me I know




VERSE
I almost act unconsciously
When the air is still
Words roll out    so effortlessly
Morning pages need no skill
When I am in the flow
 
BRIDGE
Musn't think or question why
If I pause the flow will dry
It only works when I do not  try 
I'm picking up mind outside of me

No comments: