Tuesday 3 November 2020

In My Opinion

VERSE
D
My opinion
                         A
Is what people pay me for
                        G
I don't think I know anymore
D                         A
Than you or anyone else

My opinion
Is for the gullible
I'm not culpable
Just an actor playing a part

BRIDGE
Em                                           A
I tell people what they want to hear
An affirmation of their own ideas

CHORUS
Em
And in a world of minions
G
Under dominion
A
You need strong opinions
D
Lightly held

VERSE
My opinion
Maybe overkill
But it pays my bills
Which is more than you can say for yours

My opinion
Brings in advertising
Which sells people other things
The secret cycle is shuddering

BRIDGE
I'm an illustrator that is all
The picture that I paint must be colourful

CHORUS

INSTRUMENTAL (BRIDGE & CHORUS)

MIDDLE
Em                                              Am
Take what I say with a pinch of salt
The actions of others are not my fault
Can I be blamed for behaviour or refusal to think?
If someone pours you poison do you drink?

CHORUS

No comments: