Saturday 7 November 2020

Blind and groping in the dark

VERSE

                       Bm               Em         F#m             Bm

There’s so much beauty here before me, but how little I perceive

     Em                   F#m           Em                   F#m

Of other realms existing here, I cannot conceive

Bm                      Em                     F#m             Bm

Between me and the mystics, the difference is stark

Bm                      Em                     F#m             Bm

I'm an involved creature, blind and groping in the dark

 

VERSE

While the psychics can see colours for which we have no names

Clairvoyance shows them devas flying, while they play fantastic games

They also see the difference 'tween them and me so stark

As I wallow in the filth, blind and groping in the dark

 

INSTRUMENTAL

Bm               Em         F#m             Bm x2

 

VERSE

My mind's an open book to them, if they were bored enough to read

While Psychometry can tell them more than you would dare believe

Or hear me talking miles away, saying some snide remark

While I cannot even hear the silence, blind and groping in the dark

 

MIDDLE

Em

What makes this so much harder

Bm

What grinds me finer still

Em

Is that I know that I could join them

F#m

If only I had the will

 

Bm

I've know the breaths and Mantras

Em

Worth more than any jewel

Bm

That you'd only learn in ages past

F#m

After years in Mystery Schools

 

But instead of listening to discourses that would blow your mind apart

I'm arguing with idiots, blind and groping in the dark

 

INSTRUMENTAL

 

VERSE

Yet inevitably one day I will turn back to the source

When the serpent stirs and starts to climb along Sushumna's course

On that day I'll ignite again, I am a divine spark

Until then I'm the ashes, blind and groping in the dark

No comments: