Tuesday 28 December 2010

The US economy

VERSE
F
When I was young
C
I was the prodigal son
Dm                          C
Bigger than all of my friends

And when you do that much growing
They want to keep you going
'Cos they've built everything around you

But finally I was stuffed
I had used myself up
And our whole house came tumbling down

CHORUS
F                                  Bf
It's hard for somebody like me
F                                  Bf
To always be all I can be
F                                     Bf
Everyone I see says, 'How's your GDP?'
C
I'm the US economy

VERSE
My cousin Hosan
Over there in Japan
Was always given plenty of time

He took a while to get ready
Now performs slow and steady
And none of his people go without

While my German brother
Is an example of another
Grows a little more every year

CHORUS

MIDDLE
Dm
Spend, spend, buy buy
Am
Push, push, why? why?
C
My heads in a spin

No, no, go go
We're the best, we must grow
There's no way I can win

VERSE
They're pumping me with pills
Thinking that I'm ill
But I just want to take a break

These stimulants don't work
They're just making me hurt
I just need to lose some weight

I'm like a football jock
Taken one too many knocks
And the painkillers don't work anymore

CHORUS

No comments: