Sunday 12 December 2010

The Maria Cubi House Band

VERSE
B
Well it was already dark when our ship rolled in
G#m
And we made our way across town
E
Maria Cubi was a dark little street
F#m
But we followed up the smells and the sounds

The table was full and the
We ate to the rhythm of song
They were passing the bottle just as much as the guitar
And it all went soaring by

CHORUS
That was a fun night
The music was out of sight
We played until the morning light
And the wine was really alright

VERSE
Well they started playing songs we'd never heard before
But we were alright singing along
Then we played the classics we didn't know we knew
And we got them more right than wrong

When he got out the double bass the party kicked off
Man that cat could really play

They were passing the bottle just as much as the guitar
And it all went soaring by 

CHORUS

VERSE
I woke up in the morning with a brick in my head
I don't remember where it all went wrong
The House of the Rising Sun, should have been my last song
Then I wouldn't have seen the real one

But it was worth it for the memory if I could see through the fog
And remember that unforgettable night
They were passing the bottle just as much as the guitar
And it all went soaring by 

CHORUS

CHORUS
I hope tonight
Won't be a fun night
I could really use an early night
I'm still not feeling alright

No comments: