Tuesday 1 September 2020

Mailing list

VERSE
C
Here's the tale of our stale indie music
F
Speaking to you like this is very therapeutic

Nobody buys CDs, they're only streaming
Fractions of cents are all I get for dreaming
One day perhaps I'll make it on a proper playlist
Glad you like my music, will you join my mailing list

I am glad you like my music, will you join my mailing list
I joined Band Builder, I'm in Todd's Academy
I got the secrets of the big label strategies
I play for algorithms, write for AIs
I'm on a left brain, right brain, strategem
I watch the metrics, got a box of tricks to enlist
Glad you like my music, will you join my mailing list

[Lead solo]

I'm glad you like my music, will you join my mailing list

[Lead solo]

Let's keep in touch now, and be like real friends 
I’ll be the annoying one, who's goes on 'bout what’s going on with them 
Don't be shy though my lyrical prowess is scary
The secret is I use a rhyming dictionary
I've got a podcast now with songs about the guests that's the twist
You've heard the music, now sign up to the mailing list

[Lead solo]

I'm glad you like my music, will join my mailing list

[Lead solo]

F
You cannot unsubscribe
Am
Request denied
G
I'll never cease
Am
I'll never desist
F
You said you liked my music
                                               C
Now you're on my mailing list

[Lead solo]

I've got you forever, now you're on my mailing list

[Lead solo]

Even if you die, you'll stay on my mailing list

[Lead solo]

Even on the astral, you'll be on my mailing list

[Lead solo]



I need your email cos my posts won't win a Grammy
My social media anemia's a tragedia
I have to pay Facebook to get it to remind you I exist
I'm glad you like my music, will you join my mailing list



No comments: