Tuesday 21 February 2012

Our temperament determines our fate (Saṃsāra)

A song about the Buddhist concept of Saṃsāra - our continued circle of suffering. Birth life death birth. It's a bitch. Good or bad depending on the karma we accumulate in this innings.

 Capo 6th

(Guitar chord shapes / Actual chords)

CHORUS
G / C#
Wait for me by the waterfall
Em / Bfm
I'll meet you by the lake
C / F#
I'll be on the other side
D / G#
You will have to wait

BRIDGE
C / F#
And it might take years
D / G#
It might take lives
C / F#
It might take all
D / G#
The strength we have

CHORUS
But meet me by the waterfall
I'll meet you by the lake
There's beside the water's edge
We'll seal our fate

VERSE
                               G / C#
We've been circling so long
                         Em / Bfm
In the house of life and death

We all know there's something wrong
Nothing we can put our finger on

Inside this video game
Going insane

Slowly going insane
Slowly going insane

[Stop]

CHORUS

BRIDGE
And it might sound rash
It might seem fanciful
Derived, contrived, insane
Or a little deranged

CHORUS

La da da de da de da (CHORUS instrumental)

MIDDLE
Em / Bfm
Say that next time
C / F#
We'll stay together
Em / Bfm
Remember a bit of this
C / F#
Remember a sign
Em / Bfm
In our next time
C / F#
Say you'll be mine
Em / Bfm
In our next time
G / C#
Say that you'll be mine

BRIDGE
I fear for my loved ones
I fear for my friends
I fear for you
I fear for myself

CHORUS

OUTRO
C / F#
We only realise
                   D / G#
When it's too late
C / F#                                                G / C#
That our temperament determines our fate

No comments: