Wednesday 9 June 2010

The Foundation

VERSE
C
I wasn't expecting
Am
Such a wonderful night
C
I'm overcome by you
G
You've been a delight

There's so much to remember
About you
And the thing that we have
Just been through

CHORUS
F
But you'd be a little clearer in my
G
Memory
F                              G
If you walk over to me
              C
And buy a CD
G  C

VERSE 2
The color of your eyes
The way you wore your hair
Your special smell
Your quiet stare

Yes the way you undressed me with those
Bedroom eyes
It's just a shame the room is
Mostly guys

This is an audience
That knows what's funny
I just hope you bought
Plenty of money

I'll even sign yours
To show I care
But it's worth more without
Those ones are rare

CHORUS
The only way that I could be
More happy
Is if you walk over to me
And buy a CD

VERSE 3
If you don't want the clutter
Just make a donation
I am after all a
Charitable foundation

There is no middle man
It goes straight to me
And I won't spend it on drinks
I get them for free

I don't have possessions
All the money goes
On making albums and
Getting me to shows

CHORUS
So if you can help me on
To my next destination
Well then please.... make a donation

No comments: