Monday 17 May 2010

Music for a mountain top

Capo 5th

VERSE
G
Maybe I'm older or maybe I'm wiser
C
And maybe me doubt myself
G
What am I playing and what am I saying?
C
I'm becoming very tired of words
A
It's time to give the people what they want

CHORUS
G
And they want music for a mountain top
C
Lyrics that mean nothing at all
Em
Ignore the indications and all the conversations
A
Avoid the complications

Just play music for a mountain top
Cliches at a dollar a pop
Just keep on the melody, subjects are a malady
Pander to the gallery

Verse 2
I've played to blank faces in all different places
All that changes is the scenery

"We came here to talk and we came here to drink
And we're not in the mood to think"

I need to give the people what they want

CHORUS

MIDDLE
Em
If you're having ideas but nobody hears
D
Are they really ideas at all?

CHORUS
Music for a mountain top
Move your head around in a bop
And don't put thought into your next rhyme, that's just a waste of time
All of it is all fine

Just play music for a mountain top
Something for the Starbuck's shop
And just sing rather quietly, mumble rather silently
I want to give it to them violently

Music for a mountain top
Smile while you look at the clock
Leave them in a good mood, don't let yourself be getting rude
Think about the good food

Music for a mountain top by thejackstaffordfoundation

No comments: