Thursday 31 December 2009

Letters with a long arm

E
I've been writing a letter to my lover
Asus
Sayin' we must always be friends
E
And you know I'll never love another
Asus
The way that I love you

CHORUS
Asus E
I speak of you as one who knows
Asus E
The way that the muse wind blows

Asus
In the cold April nights
Asus
In a village of delights
E
I may hold another man's hand

Asus E
Another man's hand

VERSE
I've been writing a letter to the gardener
Sayin' the plants are just to tall
And soon they will want to take over
And ask us a terrible price

CHORUS
They have a secret scheme
To establish a new carbon regime

When I'm crawling round at night
They scratch and they bite
And they come out of the ground

Out of the ground

VERSE
I've been writing a letter to my children
Sayin' Daddies working hard
I've still not saved up to a million
The cost of living is severe

CHORUS
They write back with pictures and stories
Words I don't understand

Don't write before you can read
Tell 'em the plants are trying to breed
I know your mother's to blame

Your mother in name


Letters with a long arm by thejackstaffordfoundation

No comments: