Wednesday 2 December 2009

The waiting game

VERSE
G                                                D
I’ve been playing the waiting game
            C                                                G
For so long that I don’t know how to roll

Watching this thing play out from somewhere up there
And I forgot to take the remote control

BRIDGE
C                                                G
I’ve been building on this feeling so long
D                                                G
That I think it’s bigger than me

And I don’t know what I’d do if it’s gone
No point in carrying on (three taps)

CHORUS
(High) C                                                            D
I’m waiting for the moment, at the end of the night
That one perfect moment, when everything’s right
I’m holding for the last dance, my very last chance

VERSE
But at least I have the hope now
With in every detail and it’s perfect as it is,

It gets me up in the morning
It’s the vision I run to
It’s what I see when I go to sleep

BRIDGE
Cos if it don’t work out, the answers no
I’d be ten times worse off than before

Hope would be a terrible memory to have
Still one way or the other I’m a fool for waiting

CHORUS
So I’m holding for the moment, at the end of the night
That one perfect moment, man it has to be right
I’m holding for the last dance, my very last chance

MIDDLE
G                                                Am
If there’s a lesson I should leave
                        C                                                G
It’s don’t wait to think, tune your impulses to act first

Because if you wait without a taste and it builds up inside
There’s no taste that can quench such thirst

Fool for waiting

CHORUS
You don’t need that perfect moment, at the end of night
They’re all perfect moments, it doesn’t need to be right
Still I’m holding for the last dance, my very last chance

There is no perfect moment, no end to this night
That one perfect moment, won’t even be right
Still I’m holding for the last dance, my very last chance



No comments: