Sunday 28 September 2008

Bad for good

VERSE 1
D
They say that clever men borrow, but geniuses to steal
Feel, fob and fawn to get closer to real
G
There ain’t nobody up there keeping the score
I tried originality but it’s been done before
A
You see the best boats are built from the oldest wood
And you gotta be bad to get this good

VERSE 2
So now you know I’m not proud to say I imitate
But by the time I get to fashions I was much too late

But it all goes in circles and I was paying with my crimes
Cos I was so far behind I was ahead of the times

Tell us how you did it, oh I would if I could
Just you gotta be bad to get this good

MIDDLE
G
Because such bad impersonator’s an original
A
Honestly underhand
G
If you copy badly enough what you know was done well
A
Nobody can tell

VERSE 3
Everybody you admire they all did the same
You gotta learn to ride before you get to drive the train

When you got the armour and the tools of the trade
And you learnt with the headstart your forefathers gave

Then you get to move the flag a foot from where it stood
But you gotta be bad before you get good

VERSE 4
I met a girl in Rino with a heart of gold
When the angel’s made her they took to breaking the mould

She gave up her home and through in her job
To come and cook and clean for a certified slob

Beauty for the beast did all she good
Yeah you gotta be bad to get such good

OUTRO
You ga-ah-ah-ah-ah-atta be bad
To get this good

No comments: