Thursday 20 October 2022

Get Free

We’ve been backstabbed betrayed, butchered and splayed
On the altar of “the way it’s always been done.”
It’s American, man, watch the funerals span
The bulk of the calendar year

And you can shake your head say it’s not right
Spend all your nights in electronic fights
But you know in the end, there’s no way to defend
The way we do nothing at all

When waking up is a trauma and hellos turns to drama
You disassociate from every nuclear thought
Total lack of conviction with a bullshit addiction
It’s enough to forget all we’ve got

And all we’ve got could someday be enough
A spiritual world where we lean into love
Well hey I get it man, you’re not sure of the plan
As you harangue me holding a beer

What if the best in us was on the cusp
Of true manifestation?
Could we take the leap into the deep
And find that the softest landing?

And besides  
What have we got to lose?
If we could stay like this or get better,
What would you choose?

I just want my friends to get free
I just want my love to get free
I just want the pained to get free
I just want you to get free
I just wanna get free  
Come on let’s all get free

 

No comments: