Monday 13 April 2020

Not this, not that


VERSE
I've been searching for myself
But can't find me anywhere

I thought I was my body
But I really wasn't there

I need it like a need of suit of clothes
For comfort and protection

But can step outside this painted form
With astral projection

Then one day the body'll die
It is not the I

CHORUS
G                             Em
I'm not this, I'm not that
C                                   G
No I don't know where I'm at

I'm not here, I'm not there
I can't fine me anywhere

I'm not now I'm not then
I'm not even sure of when

Though I search I can't see
             D
Or find the real me

VERSE
I tried to imagine myself as dead
But it's impossible to do

Either looking up or looking down
I was always looking through

Then I thought I was sensations
Like hunger, thirst or pain

But all of them were physical
And passed on like the rain

Next considered emotions
Anger, love and hate

None were nothing but passing friends
Not my normal state

Some things stay and others fly
Cause they are not the I

CHORUS

I thought I was the intellect
Each precious mental thought

But I can hold them out and look at them
Like a butterfly I caught

What about my quiet place
My spirituality

Even these exalted states
Still veils of reality

With every gauze I peel away
The eternal I gets brighter

But it's a lesson I'm getting closer
The layers are not the I

CHORUS



No comments: