Thursday 15 March 2012

Trastevere

VERSE
G
There at the heart
C
Of the ancient city of Rome
G
There is a place
C
That I have come to call my home

BRIDGE
Em
A place that lives
C
A place that breathes
D
A place I pray

CHORUS
G
Trastevere
Em
I belong to you always
C
The streets that I walk through
Em
This place that I’ve come to
D
And here I’ll stay

VERSE
If you could talk
Stories more rich than I can dream
The thousands of years
And all the lives that you have seen

BRIDGE
Em
Lives long come and gone
C
While you carry on

VERSE
Across the river
You’re a giant slumbering there
You bask in the heat of the day
Lie there without any care

BRIDGE
Until you open yourself up to the night
Such a spectacular sight
You live to play

CHORUS

MIDDLE
C
You’re like no other place
D
With your age old beauty
C
That chips but never fades
D
I breathe you in

CHORUS (instrumental)

No comments: