Tuesday 6 October 2020

Arab Tyrant Manual

VERSE
F
At midnight now I'm making this speech
About this crazy situation and decisions I've reached
Bf                                                   F
Cos I'm the man... to take things in hand

It's terrorists and feudalists causing all this
It's a trial for survival 'gainst separatists
And their sympathisers... they want to divide us

Have you seen the demonstrations in support of me?
These people see through the conspiracies
Run by foreign agencies... who started the prison fires

CHORUS
C                          Bf
Cos I remain defiant
                              F
They call me a tyrant

VERSE
You know the media's deceiving ya distorting truth
Left-wing anarchists excite youth
So I'm closing 'em down... and the social networks

Listen to the Minister of Information
He's got a grasp of the situation
And about the Minister of Defence? ... well he over-reacted

From days to nights, to wrongs to rights
Increase for peace plain-clothed police
And prisoners.... we had to release

CHORUS

MIDDLE
C
It's just a handful of people, plotting against me
Bf
The majority agree I bring stability

I beseech the protesters, put away your knives 
Think of ordinary people, you're disrupting their lives

See hardship and out of control conditions
Like the fire in prison that killed opposition

And have you forgotten so quickly 'bout the last revolution?
How I came through with a coup and cleansing executions

I'm sorry if I'm get emotional but it's just so hard
Cos I served so long, standing guard... alone

VERSE
I'd no idea how bad things were I'm sorry... OK?
I'm making reforms that will blow you away
I have the perfect solution... it's going back to constitution

Elections are coming so hold your desire
I am not running, I'm about to retire
And I.... only served out of love

Sit down, relax, watch pretty parade
Of military might and many weapons I've saved
They are ready... are you ready?

CHORUS

OUTRO
So go on home peacefully, back to bed
Take thoughts of revolution out of your head
Oh and one thing... before I forget
Switch off the internet


No comments: