Tuesday 18 May 2021

Inches Within

VERSE
I've been all around
Over land and sea
Endless places
Exotic countries

I sought out shamans
Countless masters
I got to nowhere
A hellevua lot faster

CHORUS
I've come so far
Just to begin
It's taken me so long to go
Inches within

VERSE
So much baggage
Excess weight
I know I carried them all
And the toll they take

I passed no devil
No crossroads
Here in the desert
You carry your own load

I followed rumours
I went on a hunch
To arrive at the oasis
For a liquid lunch

CHORUS

VERSE
The only proof I've been moving
Is that I left people behind
They're adamant I'm still here
But I'm long gone

Sinking into the silence
Dragged back by the voice
It's not crazy
If you have no choice

Intoxicated on cocktails
Laced with truth
And threw up old lies
At last let loose

CHORUS

CHORUS (refrain)
So much energy to go
Inches within

The longest journey
Is the one within

VERSE
I followed no signs
I got no map
Not even if I wanted to
Could I find my way back

I had no dramatic breakthroughs
Just a march through the plains
There could have been some colours 
Or a break from the pain

CHORUS

No comments: