Wednesday 19 May 2021

Afterlife

Long as you’re by my side
I will make you dinner in the afterlife
Live in our afterworld
Stringing jewelry of gold and pearl

Some bonds don’t break

I come to nourish you with my hands
Make you sculpture in the sand
Hands that work, hands that tire
We form the shape but the shape expires

You know I worked for all these years
Trying my hardest at my life’s career
We been witness to joy and pain
But the world we left was the world we gained

We’re so different, you and I
In a way we never saw eye to eye
Despite the loss that set me free
In a way you’re maybe still guiding me

Some bonds don’t break
We all reshape

Long as you’re by my side
Will you make me laugh in the afterlife
Long as our long dark night
You can lead me on ‘til the morning light

No comments: