Sunday 26 July 2020

Bobbie and Bernie

Bpm: 93

VERSE
G                    Em
I've come to a choice now 
C                        G
On which road do I go
Em                        C
I'll follow the right fork 
D                         
By taking them both. 

They're the beginning of a circle 
That you cannot see. 
But all bring you home, 
like a river to the sea. 

CHORUS
G
Oh Bernie
Em
Did you hold on tight today?
C
Draw me a picture
D
Of the demons in your way

Oh Bobbie
I'm taking you out tonight
Leave a sandwich on the back porch
Tie a bow to the streetlight

Em                                   C
The Earth will be absorbed one day
Em                   G
Back into the sun
Em                        C
But Bobbie and Bernie
D                    G
Will remain as one

VERSE
When the cold weather's rising 
And the icy wind wakes
Washing all before it frozen 
All the skies and lakes 

With her back to the wind 
and her voice to the clouds
She found that her spirit 
Could soar above the ground

CHORUS
Oh Bernie
Come up and see me some time
I'm leaving notes for you everywhere
A penny and a dime

Oh Bobbie
Yeah I heard you moving last night
You've got to learn to keep it down
I'm getting up early to write

The end will come for everyone
The goldfish and the young
But Bobbie and Bernie
Are here for everyone

INSTRUMENTAL

MIDDLE
G
Send me dimes
Em
Send me pennies
C
Many signs
Em
Through the lives

You're still mine
You've sent me many
Where I go
All the time

BRIDGE
The end will come for everyone
The happy and the young
But Bobbie and Bernie
Are here for everyone

VERSE
Don't search for answers
Don't ask me why
Just tilt your head back
And laugh at the sky


No comments: